- Ph.D. Professor at the Faculty of Law of the Bucharest University (doctoral advisor);
- President of the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania and arbitrators of that Court;
- President of the Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Commission within the National Board ICC Romania (2016-2018);
- Arbitrator with the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission – CIETAC.
Stefan DEACONU is a reputed specialist in public law, foreign investment, international financing and public procurement. With a professional experience for over 20 years, his practice focuses on advising on various issues in the mentioned fields of law, as well as on providing representation in disputes pending before Romanian Constitutional Court, courts of law and arbitration tribunals.
He is a professor of constitutional law and the EU legal system with the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest.
Stefan DEACONU is the President of the Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania and an arbitrator of that Court. He is the Chairman of the Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Commission within the ICC Romania National Committee (2016-2018) and an arbitrator with the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission – CIETAC.
Between 2005 and 2012 he was a legal advisor to the President of Romania and head of the Legislative Department of the Presidential Administration and before that (2004-2005), as a director in the Senate of Romania.
He has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the operation of national public institutions and EU institutions. His academic experience and the public positions previously held have afforded Stefan particular insight into legislation enactment procedures in the Romanian Parliament and Government, as well as into the procedures conducted before the European Commission and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
He is the author or co-author of more than 30 books and over 50 articles, studies and commentaries published in well-known law reviews, mainly in the field of public law.
He is fluent in French and English and a basic user of Russian.
Areas of expertise:
- Public Law
- Constitutional and Administrative Law Litigation
- EU Legislative System
- Human Rights